Monday, November 4, 2013

October in Review

October was a great month at our house.  Alice continues to grow and gets more fun every day.  She rolled over right around 3 months and is now protesting it, though she will do it here and there.  She grabs things and loves it when Evan shares his toys with her.  She has the cutest smile but she'll make you work for it.  And she's been an amazing sleeper (I hate to even put it in print because I'm sure she'll start waking up now that I printed it).  For a while she was sleeping from 10 pm-8:30 am and I was worried that she wouldn't wake up in time for me to take her to daycare when I went back to work, so I started waking her up a little earlier last week.  Combined with daylight savings time, she's been going to bed around 8 and waking at 6.  We'll see if it sticks.

Alice starts daycare next week and I'm not ready.  It's been amazing to have so much time off with her, but I think it's making it harder for me to be away from her.  Evan has assured me that he's going to look out for her and keep her company so I guess I shouldn't worry, right?

And Evan.  What to say about the little guy.  He's still a sponge with his language.  Today he told me, "see mom, the pee eventually comes if I just poop."  So many of his crazy things happen on or near the toilet.  Lovely.  He's become more interested in Alice for sure.  He works to try to keep her calm if she's crying which is the cutest thing ever - he even raises his voice into that squeaky high-pitched voice we all use with babies.  He continues to become more independent but wants us to snuggle with him every night after stories.  We'll hang on to it as long as we can.   It won't be too much longer until he's embarrassed to be seen with us.

Here's a few shots of what we were up to in October.

Doing a little yard work.

Painting his little pumpkin.

Checking out the inside of the big pumpkin before daddy carved it.  

PJ day at daycare.  I just loved the skinny leg PJs with his bulky coat.  He could do PJ day everyday.

Not the best picture, but he was a construction worker for Halloween.  Bob the Builder if you asked him.  Had to sport a Packers hat under his huge yellow hat.


Doing a little tummy time.  She's so much more tolerant of it than her brother ever was.

Towing the Cozy Coupe.  Of course.

This is the face I frequently get when I put her in the carseat.  That "are you kidding me" face.

Evan bowling at the Town Hall Lanes.  He loved it.

1 comment:

  1. they are oh so cute! I can't believe it has been 3 months! I want to order a sleeper like that!

    ReplyDelete