Saturday, November 16, 2013

Back to work

Yes, the time has finally come.  I've been back to work for one week and while I'm surviving just fine, I'm missing my little lady and my little man.  I am lucky enough to be returning part time, though with my job the definition of part time is a little hazy, even for me.  But once I get things moving again at work I hope to have at least 1 complete day off between Mon-Fri.

And as predicted, as soon as I posted that Alice has been an amazing sleeper, she had her 4 month shots and it all went out the window.  She had some feeding issues for a few days after her shots and ended up waking up in the night hungry.  Then when she started daycare, she refused to eat the first few days so made up for it by nursing at night.  Then she just chose to wake up every 30 minutes (or less) one night and Jake and I decided it was time for sleep training.  One night in and we're all a bit more rested so fingers crossed!

Evan has been an amazing big brother since Alice started daycare!  He's grown up so much it's unbelievable.  And he's been loving game night.  Originally we were thinking we would devote only one night a week, but he asks for it more and more.  I don't have any pictures of it, but watching him shake the dice cup in Yahtzee junior is a riot.  And he slams it straight down (instead of letting the dice roll out of the cup), just like he's seen his daddy do.  Too cute.  Here are a few shots from our week.

Checking out one of her brother's million trucks.  

Sporting her new Packer's cheer dress from Grandma and Grandpa T.

She didn't make it too far into the game.

Game night - we were playing go fish and Evan wanted his dragon, Elliot, to play - Elliot took turns with all of us.  It was pretty cute.

Alice helping daddy play go fish (notice daddy's beard coming in for Movember).

No comments:

Post a Comment