Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cold weather means time at home!

Yes, I have this luxury that when the local schools close, my company also closes.  It doesn't happen often, but this year we've already had 3 days off for the cold.  It's only 17 below right now, I mean that's not that bad.  And Jake went to work.  I'm not going to complain because I've enjoyed these days home with the kiddos.   I could very well take them to daycare, but I know I will regret it later when we don't get these days off together.  Here's a bit of what we've been up to in the last month.

One of our days home - We built some serious block castles and then of course enjoyed destroying them

We road tripped to Wisconsin for a January Christmas with daddy's family.  Evan tried out a new car seat and some sweet new headphones so mommy and daddy didn't have to listen to the "mighty machines" song 50 times:)

We visited the Sheboygan Children's Museum again.  This time they had a sweet fire truck.  Evan LOVED it.  He even let us get him in some serous fireman gear.

Alice took a snooze on the floor at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
This is how we roll on the weekends - snowpants over our pjs.  I have to take a picture of our backyard. Evan and daddy have created a maze of snow tunnels, a fort, and a sledding hill.  Evan's paradise. 

Another favorite cold weather activity - inside fort.  He played his new video game in there, read books, played cars....

Evan helped me bake some raisin bread on one of our cold days.  Check out his new "manly" apron with tools on it.

I realized sissy was not evenly represented in this post.  She's been eating new foods and loves bananas!  Here she thinks she's drinking but yet she's not. 

1 comment: