Thursday, August 1, 2013

Who needs sleep?

Mommy and Daddy's sleep deprivation is coinciding nicely with Evan's desire to stay up later. He's quite good at negotiating and when one tactic no longer works, he thinks of a new one.  One night that he asked me to stay and cuddle way past the time that I should have left, I encouraged him to cuddle with all of his animals.  He countered with, "but I want to cuddle with someone who will talk to me."  How could I resist?  I think we've successfully avoided a later bedtime by encouraging him to look at books after we've left his room.  Last night he turned off his lamp on his own and was asleep relatively early so we'll see how that goes.  
Last weekend, Jake and Evan drew a massive road system on the driveway and rode their bikes on it for hours.  Lucky for Jake I didn't take video of both of them out there, but here's a video of Evan riding his trike on the road system: VIDEO.


Alice snoozes during a walk around the lake.  She loves the stroller rides!

Evan likes to play with Alice on the floor.  Here he's trying to calm her after mean mommy made her do tummy time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment